Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Dream Now Realized

I would say since I was eight or nine has have been wanting to get into the modeling industry. I know there alot of scams out there and they just love to exploit people. I figured that if I let that hold me back then my dream would not have a chance to become a reality. As this may sound corny for many, it is not for me. I know people see the skinny and tall fashion runway models and get discouraged. Everyone does not look like the models that you see in Teen Vogue or the latest issue of Fitness magazine.

They have finally realized that more women are not a size 0 or 4. They have shattered the glass of the so called model stereotype. People are unique and come in all different shapes. I did not think I could become a model and when they said I was "Plus-Size" I was a little offened. They assured me that plus-size does not mean FAT but, CURVY.. Ok, I can accept that. I have learned to love my body for what it is and not let the media brain-washing.


This is a lesson to be learned for all. Love yourself no matter what others may think of you. Loving yourself is the first step to letting someone else love you.

By the way, I just got a call for model casting... I am too stoked!!!

No comments: